Log files are very important when tracing errors in both application and IIS level. Below are the steps to configure the logs files in IIS.
- Open IIS
- Select your Website and Click on it.
- In Right Side Pane click on Logging.
- In Logging, in Log file Section, Select format(IIS,NCSA,W3C) for logging and select Fields(Date, time etc…)
- Give the Directory Location for log files In Directory Section.
- In Log file Rollover, Give the Schedule (Weekly, Hourly etc) and Maximum file size and select remaining options as your requirement.
- Right side click on Apply